Sunday, February 13, 2011

Journey Back to Taiji

For the last few months I have remained here on Vancouver Island, but my heart has been elsewhere. Once one has traveled to Taiji it is impossible to forget the beautiful coastline, the hospitable Japanese people, the love and passion of fellow Cove Guardians, and of course the horror that occurs there, the slaughter of thousands of dolphins each year. 


Although I felt that my presence made a significant difference, showing the dolphin molesters that we will continue to expose these atrocities to the world, I feel as if I have left something unfinished. 


I stumbled across a quote the other day that caught my eye:
“Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”


-Martin Luther King Jr.  


I have been feeling edgy lately, knowing that there is something missing in my life. I realize now that I must return to Taiji. I want this dolphin hunting season to end with a strong force of Cove Guardians, showing that we will remain in Japan until the killing stops. I have spoken to other Cove Guardians who have similar feelings. Many are returning. It is impossible not to feel the pull. This is a fight that once involved, you cannot walk away from. 


A few of us have been discussing new information, approaches and tactics regarding the Taiji slaughter. I hope that I can bring to the table new diversity based on my previous experiences in Taiji. If nothing else, I want to continue to show my support for our oceans cetaceans. My heart is constantly yearning to be near the dolphins. I believe that they can sense when we are nearby. 


I will likely be traveling back in the beginning of March along with Mike, Marley, and Carissa from http://www.thecoveguardians.blogspot.com/. The three are strong, dedicated activists who feel the pull along with myself to help end this slaughter in any way that we can.

So far, I have received a few very generous donations from wonderful individuals. I am so very grateful to everyone who loves the dolphins as much as I, hoping that my presence will contribute to the end of the dolphin slaughter.

Please feel free to provide whatever you can. I want to stress the importance of positive feedback, feelings of love, and any support you can provide whether it be monetary or simply kind words. Of course, financial support is needed, but I really appreciate every method.

I will keep everyone updated with my progress.

For the Oceans,
Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment